Audio, Video and Controls Programmer /
AV Service Engineer
AV Service Engineer
Duties and Responsibilities
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues with audio, video, switching, and control systems.
- Programming of Crestron, Q-Sys, Biamp, BSS, Extron, and Symetrix control and DSP systems in support of audio, video, and control system installations.
- Works with the engineering staff to develop and maintain network requirements, architectures, and designs.
- Works with the engineering staff to analyze and estimate feasibility, cost, time, compatibility with other systems, and computer capabilities.
- Develops and maintains plans outlining steps and timetables for developing, testing, and installing applications.
- Researches and evaluates software and hardware to assist in programming or to use as program platforms.
- Analyzes codes to find causes of errors and revises programs.
- Develop, maintain, and update drawings and documentation.
- Provides technical assistance by responding to inquiries regarding errors, problems, or questions.
- Provides commissioning and training for end-users or technical support staff.
- Proactively share new ideas and creative ways to improve with co-workers and the department manager.
Skills & Abilities Required
- In-depth knowledge of legacy and state-of-the-industry audio, video and control system systems and equipment.
- Understanding of IP networking including network hardware, QOS, and multicast.
- In-depth “hands-on” knowledge of audio and video production/presentation equipment such as cameras, switchers, monitors, live streaming systems, etc.
- Ability to read and notate on high-level schematics, signal flow diagrams, and construction drawings.
- Candidate must have strong verbal communications skills, be well organized, self-motivated, and capable of handling multiple assignments.
- An ability to effectively work independently or collaboratively with others.
Education & Experience Required
- Crestron CTI-P101 certified with a minimum of 2 years of programming experience.
- QSC Q-Sys Level 1 certified with some programming experience
- Biamp Tesira certified
- Avixa CTS certified
- Crestron Certified Programmer with 5+ years' experience
- QSC Q-Sys Level 2 with 2+ years' experience
- 2+ years' experience with Biamp Tesira
- BSS Audio Programmer (Audio Architect)
- Avixa CTS-I, CTS-D
- Experience with Dante, AES67, Q-LAN and NDI
- Experience with SMAART software
- Typically, Monday through Friday 7 am to 5 pm
- Additional as needed.
Benefits include competitive compensation along with a second to none benefits package. Interested candidates can send their confidential resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Share this Career Opportunity